Who We Are
Celebrating its 225th year, Christ Church Cathedral is the cathedral of the Episcopal Diocese of Lexington, and a vibrant, growing faith community within the diocese.
Our vision is “A World Where All Experience God’s Transforming Love.”
Our mission is that “We Are a People of Prayer and Action, Extending God’s Love.” The people of Christ Church have defined its core values as follows: “We Celebrate God. We Invite All. We Connect Lives. We Nurture Faith. We Share our Gifts. We Serve the World.”
Our core values guide us in carrying out our mission and realizing our vision. They are our guiding principles upon which we determine our choices. They inspire prayer and motivate action.
Lexington is the Place to Be!
It’s the horse capital of the world, the birthplace of bourbon, the heart of the Bluegrass, and the home of the University of Kentucky Wildcats. Downtown skyscrapers overlook beautiful pastures, and an arts and culture hub compliments our world-class hiking and biking trails. It as a great place for foodies, and it is ranked the fifth best-run city in the United States.
In fact, Lexington always ranks high by multiple national sources (Forbes, CNN Money) in desirable places to live. Here are a few reasons why:
Best Cities to Buy a House
Best Cities to Live
Best Cities to Raise a Family
Cities with the Best Public Schools
Cities with the Lowest Cost of Living
Best Cities for Millennials
Healthiest Places to Live
Associate Rector for Discipleship, Mission, and Care
Christ Church Cathedral, a dynamic downtown cathedral in the heart of Lexington, seeks an outgoing priest to equip and lead our ministries for Discipleship, Mission, and Care and engage in all facets of ministry at a vibrant Episcopal Cathedral. We are looking for a clergy person who is a leader of leaders skilled at raising up volunteers and equipping teams.
The Associate Rector for Discipleship, Mission, and Care will:
1. Oversee our discipleship path for adults and youth.
2. Shepherd the congregation in their next steps for spiritual growth and discipleship.
3. Provide vision, leadership, and guidance to our Lay Mission and Outreach Team.
4. Provide leadership and guidance for our pastoral care ministries.
5. Be an integral member of the Clergy Team in preaching, teaching, and pastoral care.
6. Develop meaningful relationships.
7. Raise up, equip, and recruit volunteer leaders.
8. Work collaboratively with leaders to create three-year goals and one-year benchmarks for discipleship and outreach.
• High Energy, organized, relational, good communicator, playful, and enjoys being with people.
Please email a cover letter and resume to:
The Very Reverend Carol Wade, Dean & Rector of Christ Church Cathedral
You are in our prayers as you discern your call to ministry at Christ Church Cathedral.